Coogee to Bondi Walk
Easter was great – had a couple of friends came over to Sydney, but unfortunately it rained and rained and rained. Back in Melbourne, the weather was beautiful! Made me wonder - I should have gone back to Melbourne instead and saved a whole lot of money for them and have a great weekend of sunshine!
Oh well, it was the company that counts. It’s funny how you feel so much more relax and alive when you’re around people that you know from back home. It kind of makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside – and the fact that Easter is all about celebration – you would want to celebrate with people that you know and not strangers.
The next day, as soon as the Melbournians went back (and brought the rain back with them), it was sunny and hot! So I went on a walking trail from Coogee to Bondi.
Estimated time was 2 hours walk, but it took me under an hour – and I wasn’t even running! I stopped to take photos too. Oh well, they must have measured the walking time for oldies (no offence!). The funny part of the trail was walking past the cemetery (Waverley Cemetery: see picture above), it wasn’t scary, but just amazed that they actually allowed a trail for people to walk through the cemetery. Isn’t that disrespectful though? I was literally less than 10cm away from the tomb stone. I had to be a busybody, I read a couple of the head stone, most of them are family members side by side, and a lot of them were born in the 1800!!
I took a bus to Coogee and started walking from there. The walk was great. It was hot and by the time I reached Gordons Bay, I was sweating. As I walked along the coast, there were heaps of people running along the trail, with or without their dogs. At each beach, the view gets more magnificent than the previous, and finally when I arrived at Bondi, it was… WOW!
I’m definitely going back there, and this time, I’ll head straight to Bondi for a swim and some sunbaking. Even if it’s cold, the sea rock pool (see pictures in previous post) is always warm! Even better is, if I could create a scene so I could be on “Bondi Rescue” on channel 10. HAH!
Wish you were here; we would have had so much fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment