Monday, April 16, 2007

Smelling the fumes....

So here I am, sitting outside Starbucks drinking hot chocolate just so I can use some dudes wifi. Starbucks doesn't have it. And the so-called Telstra CBD wireless requires you to login as a Telstra customer, if not, pay up! So yea, here I am, smelling all the bus fumes (it's just outside the major bus stop)and getting my face covered with black smoke (grrreeeaat).

I'm desparate you say? Yea, imagine this, my virus definition file has expired, and i really really want to keep it up to date (anal? yes). So, having checked the list of available hotspots around the CBD, i took my laptop with me and ran around searching for one that i could connect to without having to *&^%^* sign in.


So here I am, and my virus scan happily downloaded all the updates it required to function, and seriously.. since i'm using some unsecured wifi, my laptop is probably being infected as we speak.

Sigh... that's me and my obsessive compulsive impulse (not behaviour). I just want my antivirus to be up to date damn it!

No comments: