Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Excuse me, where is George St?

It’s week 2 in Sydney, and I have yet to upload any photos due to 1. I forgot to pack my camera cable and 2. I have yet to set up my Internet connection at the apartment.

I’m amazed at how much fun I’m having; considering the fact that I’m here to work and not to enjoy too much. It’s been a while since I was last dump in a foreign land, but then again, Sydney isn’t exactly a different country, it’s just…. Different.

I’m still trying to get used to the street names and the layout of the city. When I’m not heading to work or at work, I switch on my Tourist mode. With my handy map and camera, I take shots of things that I find intriguing – and I’m almost always in my tourist mode as soon as I step out of the building. Lunch breaks are the best to roam around the parks. The parks are GREEN - big difference as compared to the dying yellow hay-grass back there.

I lost count of the amount of time I stand in the middle of the cross roads looking up and down trying to figure out which way did I come from. I don’t keep track of where I’ve walked to, I just walk – into every single alley way and into any shops that I feel like visiting. And when I’m lost, I just have to go “excuse me, which way to George St?” Then, I’m home.

No comments: