Lights out please
Global warming is the hot topic on everyone’s lips, but seriously, if it’s all part of God’s plan, and all part of how the earth will end, we can’t stop it. Ok, for all the green peace troopers out there, don’t stone me. I do support green peace too; I don’t litter (I do yell at this person who often throws his chewed gum out of his car window *smack*, I’m going to dob him in to the EPA one day), I’m a huge recycle fan, and I choose appliances with 6 star ratings.
That aside, over the weekend, I took part in the 60 minute Earth Hour at the quay. It was amazing seeing the bridge and the city go dark with no lights. It was even more interesting to see everyone out at the quay waiting for the lights to come back on after an hour - clapping shouting “Yay!” I wasn’t sure if they were happy to see the lights back on or they were just relief that their beautiful bridge and opera house is again, the standout architecture in the dark. I took some shots of course! Will post it up when I get the chance.
How did I contribute to that day? Well, I left the air-con on at exactly 22 deg so that when I get home, the apartment is nice and cool. Oh, I also left my clothes in the dryer to dry. I’m a hypocrite.


No comments:
Post a Comment