Detox the new diet
Once in a while I get into one of my moods. I want to try something new. Anything from a new hair style, new dressing style, new hair color. This time around, my hair is too short to do anything about it, and I've already changed color to it, so I decided to try something from the inside - Detoxify. So for the next 21 days, my diet will have to change.
Here's the menu:
1. A glass of warm water with a splash of lemon juice every morning
Easy.. I can do that
2. No caffeine - that includes no coffee or tea, herbal tea is OK
Tough. I'll give it a go. I need my caffeine everyday.
3. No fruit, except for bananas
Easy enough, I like bananas
4. No red meat
Easy. I prefer chicken any day
5. No dairy
OK, I've learnt to drink soy milk, that's fine. I can live without cheese for a bit
6. No cigarettes, no alcohol
No problemo
7. No food containing wheat, yeast, gluten
Errr... OK, that means I have to start reading labels. I have a friend who is celiac. If she can do it, so can I (not that she had a choice not to anyway).
8. Tuna and Salmon fish
Easy! My 2 favorite fish. 
Sounds easy enough. I've been struggling to find food that DOES NOT contain yeast, wheat or gluten! How do the rest of the people out there who's allergic to these do it?? They MUST shop somewhere. And so they did. if you are desperate enough, you'll find it. Well, as for the caffeine.... I have sniffles every morning, and it's only a matter of time before I say I GIVE UP!
Day 6... and counting...
1 comment:
Hiya L..
If you're after gluten (etc) free food, check out "Silly Yak" in Northcode.. www.sillyyak.com.au
Everything there is gluten free.. While you're there, grab some "Granmas 1908 cordial".. It's freakin' amazing, and all natural.. (although quite sugary I think so perhaps not really fitting for your detox :)
Post a Comment